Prior to joining Beacon Sports Capital, Gerry was an Assistant Vice President at Fleet and Shawmut Banks where he oversaw the underwriting
of over $ 2 billion in loan transactions including acquisition financing, leveraged buyouts, synthetic leases, letters of credit,
revolving credit facilities, asset based, bridge and specialty financing, and recapitalizations.
· Represented purchaser of Harrisburg Senators of Eastern League (AA) on a $13.25 million franchise acquisition and arranged $6 million Revolving
Credit facility, $8 million in equity from private investors and a $2 million concessionaire grant from SportService to fund the transaction.
· Secured $40 million in capital for Mandalay Baseball Properties in 2002, in the form of $20 million in private equity and $20 million in bank financing.
· Under an exclusive arrangement with the Los Angeles Forum, facilitated a ten year venue management and marketing agreement with Spectacor Management Group, renegotiated an exclusive booking arrangement with Anschutz Entertainment Group Live.
· Represented the City of Glendale, AZ in negotiations with its primary tenant a professional hockey franchise over arena management issues, lease terms, and required revenue from the venue’s business operations necessary to alleviate the City’s present debt obligations.
· Represented the purchaser of the New Haven Ravens of the Eastern League of Minor League Baseball which was relocated in the 2004 season to a new minor league baseball stadium built in Manchester, NH, as part of a $110 million riverfront retail and hotel development project.
· Initiated and arranged transaction involving $200,000,000 from private equity sources for the acquisition of the Washington Capital franchise of the National Hockey League and minority interest in the Washington Wizards franchise of the National Basketball Association & Verizon Center.
· Financial Advisor to owner in arranging C$195,000,000 in senior debt from a major Canadian government pension fund to finance the acquisition of the Montreal Canadiens franchise of the National Hockey League, the Moslon Centre venue, including real estate holdings and arena business operations.
· Represented an investment group in the sale of the Springfield Falcons franchise of the American Hockey League which at the time sold for a record sales price of $4.5 million to a group of Springfield, MA based investors including Mass Mutual Companies.
· Sourced and acted as Financial Advisor to a limited partner investor in the Boston Celtics franchise of the National Basketball Association as part of a transaction valued at $360 million.
· Led research and analysis of merchandise and concession operations of the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO for the arena owner.
Gerry is a graduate of Fordham University where he received a B.A. in Economics and the University of Norte Dame Mendoza School of Business where he received a Masters of Business Administration. Gerry received the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation from the Association of Investment Management Research (AIMR) and is an active member with the Boston Security Analysts Society.